“Love cannot remain by itself – it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action, and that action is service” -Mother Teresa.
Your gesture of love will
- meet the basic needs of a child such as nutritionally balanced food, clothing and shelter
- Sustain her in school
- Give protection
- Give emotional security
- Give developmental needs such as social skills, career abilities and internal skills
Let us join hands to make a positive difference on the following statistics
- 4 percent of India’s children below 5 years of age are stunted
- One third of the worlds malnourished live in India
- The childhood wasting has increased over the past ten years from 19.8 to 21 percent
- 1 in 4 children of school-going age is out of school in India – 99 million children in total have dropped out of school (Census 2011)
- Out of every 100 children, only 32 children finish their school education age-appropriately (District Information System for Education (DISE) 2014-15)
- India has 33 million working children between the ages of 5-18 years. In parts of the country, more than half the child population is engaged in labour (Census 2011)
- Every day, around 150 children go missing in India – kidnapping and abduction is the largest crime against children in our country (National Crime Record Bureau 2016)
- 42% of married women in India were married as children (District Information System for Education (DISE))
- 1 in every 3 child brides in the world is a girl in India (UNICEF)
- India has more than 45 lakh girls under 15 years of age who are married with children. Out of these, 70% of the girls have 2 children (Census 2011)
Children may be the 26% of world population, sure they are 100% future of the planet.
When you support a child
The child gets a chance to learn more of the virtues needed in modern life-of fairness, of justice, of comradeship and of collective interest in a most perfect family circle of Valarkuzhanthai Trust.